Water Pump Donation

Water Aid in Pakistan A Muslim Charity

I understand that Muslim Global Relief will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give. Al-Khair Foundation is a UK-based international NGO which provides emergency relief and developmental support in some of the world’s most impoverished areas. This takes a toll on the lives of women and girls, who make millions of wasted journeys and lose out on opportunities because of it. We are ending ten million wasted journeys for women and girls by repairing broken community water points, and servicing them so that they don’t break again. We seek to provide long-term solutions to water scarcity in a world that is increasingly affected by water scarcity and climate change. Penny Appeal’s Thirst Relief appeal is working to assure that people all over the world are happy, hydrated, and hygienic!

This issue has a negative domino effect on the already disenfranchised and marginalized segments of the Ummah. Despite being a basic necessity for survival, regular and unhindered access to clean water remains a privilege afforded by only 60% of Pakistanis. The rest of the 40% struggle on a daily basis to meet their basic needs related to sanitation, livelihoods and nutrition in the scarcity, or at times total absence, of an essential resource like water. The only alternative is to install hand pumps or deep wells to draw clean water from the ground depending on the depth of the water table.

Sewage management systems, public sanitation facilities with latrines & showers

Please note that it is your responsibility to donate any difference. Payments can be made via Paypal, Secure credit card or Bank transfer. Build a Tube Well and provide thousands of people with safe, clean water.

Plaque names of up to 30 characters are allowed on the pump, however ayahs from the Qur’an, Allah’s Names/Attributes or Hadiths are not allowed. Needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding. Women walk 8 miles, 40,000 steps, every day, just to get water that is making them sick. Drop us an email at if you have any questions and we’d be more than happy to help. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes.

Water & Sanitation in Kouse-Jingiri Ghana

It costs from just £400 to build a well in a needy community; that’s just from 82p per day to give the gift of water to an entire village. By building a water well and providing access to a clean water source, you will turn problems into potential. Gift Aid does not cost you a penny more, but can add an additional 25p to every £1 you pay. When the HNCO registered charity receives a donation from a UK taxpayer, we’re entitled to claim an amount of tax paid on that donation. Once you have given your permission for us to do this on your behalf, there is no need for you to do anything else.

  • These pumps are installed within 6 to 7 months after the donation is received, dependent on our surveyors who assess its location and feasibility before commencement.
  • The only alternative is to install hand pumps or deep wells to draw clean water from the ground depending on the depth of the water table.
  • It means that for every £1 you donate to HNCO we can claim back 25p, at no extra cost to you.
  • Can give a family access to safe, clean, and drinkable water right in their communities.
  • We carry out awareness-raising sessions and establish committees within villages to ensure that knowledge is shared and implemented.

Furthermore, if you are a higher taxpayer, you are also entitled to claim the difference between the basic rate which we will claim and the amount of tax you have actually paid. For further details on how you can do this, please contact your tax office. If your tax situation changes and your gift accounts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme please contact us and we will amend your record accordingly. All that is required is that you must be a taxpayer and that would have paid sufficient Income and/or Capital Gains Tax to cover all the Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year.

MGR installed a borehole water system in the centre of the village. The well has a water storage tank and functions with a motorised hand-pump that runs on solar energy. MGR also installed a covered sewage and waste management system to accommodate public sanitation facilities.

We’re keeping people safe, and are also promoting hygiene and raise awareness about sanitation and staying healthy. We carry out awareness-raising sessions and establish committees within villages to ensure that knowledge is shared and implemented. Providing fresh water to rural villages was very dear to Mawlana Shaykh Nazim’s heart. He personally launched this effort in 2010 and HNCO is honoured to continue his legacy.