What We Do
We are an international nonprofit that helps people with chronic and life-altering illnesses by reducing their medical costs because we believe everyone deserves a chance at living fully despite economic circumstances.
The HealthWell Foundation is a leading non-profit dedicated to improving access to care for America’s underinsured. When health insurance isn’t enough, we fill the gap by assisting with copays, premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses. In 2020 alone our Disease Funds awarded more than $650 million in grants through their efforts; since 2004 they have helped over 615000 patients afford essential treatments and medication through their efficient work!
We provide financial assistance to help with:
- Prescription copays
- Health insurance premiums, deductibles and coinsurance
- Pediatric treatment costs
- Travel costs
HealthWell at a Glance
- Since 2004, HealthWell has awarded over $2.1 billion in copayment assistance and helped more than 615,000 patients afford their medications.
- In 2020, HealthWell awarded more than $650 million in grants.
- HealthWell manages a diverse portfolio of Disease Funds, adding new funds whenever possible. View our current fund list here.
- HealthWell has a long-standing relationship with dozens of leading patient advocacy groups, health care organizations and medical specialty societies.
- Patients can apply for a grant online or through HealthWell’s toll-free automated phone system, where we assist more than 44,000 callers a month.
- A board governs Healthwell which consists of healthcare practitioners who have experience across different areas like: Administration; Clinical Practice & Research; Direct Patient Care (nurses); Advocacy for Patients Rights (lawyers). The board has a responsibility to maintain high-quality service while respecting regulations set out by government bodies such as Medicare or Medicaid.
Current company information
|TOP PERSON||Krista Zodet|